nighttime is when i do most of my thinking...

So it's almost 2:30am and I honestly just realized that in exactly 20 days I will be on a plane headed to Los Angeles, California for the next five months. 
How does something like that escape my mind so easily? I say over and over again to people everywhere that I leave on September 17th,  but somehow it just didn't sink in... 
My life has been SO hectic this summer that it's been hard to actually find time to think... even about the big things. Like the fact that YWAM starts in 3 weeks and that I'll be missing 5 out of 6 family birthdays, that I'll miss Thanksgiving and Christmas while I'm away, and that there are just about 100 things I need to do before I leave.... including getting the immunizations I'm missing, buying health insurance, and trying to get my support letters sent so that I can hopefully raise some of the $6,000 it's costing to go on the mission trip. 

But with that said, at least I'm going to do one of the hundred things I want to do before I die. Right? *I heart TBL

This weekend I was reading a book that I have to finish before arriving, it's called "Is That Really You, God?" by Loren Cunningham, the founder of YWAM. It's a biography of his life and where God called him to go, do and see. Almost every page made me overwhelmed with how God spoke to him, how he learned to listen and follow what God's plan was for him and his family, as well as YWAM. I can't help but hope that during my journey to Los Angeles and other parts of the world, that God will speak to me so that I may know what He is asking of my life...


I've been asking God questions like: 
Where am I to go? What am I to do? What do you want from me? 

Even though I love my life at home, my job and my family here... I still feel like there has to be more. I've been feeling like I'm not doing enough, that there has to be more to all of this... I'm longing to know God more than I ever have before and I desperately pray that this mission trip will help me get to know Him intimately, and then to be able to share that with others!

Ok... so now that I've poured out my guts to you... I guess I should sleep so that I can make it to my doctors appointment tomorrow morning before work. Jeepers! I'm sick of getting shots.

This is a verse that's been sticking out to me lately... 
Psalm 18:49
Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O LORD, I will sing praises to your name. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi Amanda, I didn't know that you had a blog! That's nice :) It was great to see your family at the party. I hope all of your trip plans are going well.

Love, Erin H.