my coffee tumbler

So I was sitting in church on Sunday morning and this thought hit me:

WHY? Why does every Sunday morning end up the same?
I get up later than I should, rush to get showered, make-uped, hairdone, etc... and then as the family is running out the house, already 15 minutes behind schedule, I manage to remember to bring just one thing. My 'green made-of-30%-recycled-material' coffee tumbler filled of hot, steaming, black coffee.... and yet, I forget to bring my Bible.

Why do I remember to grab my coffee but forget to bring my Bible? Why is to so easy to forget the one thing that physically links me to God? Because on Sunday mornings, (and not to say that other days aren't for God either) I should be focussing on God and reserving that time to spend in fellowship with Him... and yet my frickin' coffee is what is distracting me.

Anyways, here it is:

It's crazy that life can get so distracting, that it can cause us to think and obsess over the things that really make little or no difference in our lives. Something as simple as my morning coffee kept me from bringing my Bible to church. And that's something I've decided to change.
The last few weeks at church my pastor has been talking about how we can connect with God, and the things that either get in the way (ie. being late for church, or being rushed in the mornings, etc) or the things that help us find a way to connect with God on some level throughout the day (ie. early morning prayer, Bible time, or just finding a second to say 'hi').

....

Anyways, it's not like I have any answers to any of my questions. But I do think that it's something to think about.

What are the small and miniscule things in your life that are keeping you from fully experiencing your Lord and Saviour?

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Think about it.

xoxo
A.

No comments: