Crave You

Isn't it just a little bit crazy how fast life swooshes right by us? 
Lately I've been thinking a lot about the last few years and just how different it's been compared to how I expected it to be. 
Four years ago I was trying to decide what to do with my life - I had just graduated from high school, I wasn't a smarty-pants, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, or where I wanted to go to college. And now, four years later, I've graduated from a program that I absolutely loved, I graduated with honours, and I've been offered a job to continue working at the company I've been doing my internship with! Who woulda thought that after all these years (which to me seem like a lot. Because when you're 22, four years is a long time), life would turn out this way? 
It's totally beyond me. 

So even though I've been offered the job at the Circus there's some unfinished dreams of mine that I've decided to take care of first. 

Last week I was accepted to attend YWAM in Los Angeles, California! It's basically a six month long mission trip, but in the first few months we stay at the base for the lecture phase: reading the Bible, studying, and learning about God and missions before we go to different countries doing the outreach phase, aka missions. 
I can't explain how excited I am about this new adventure. God has been doing some crazy things in my life over the last couple years and I think this is one way of Him telling me that there's way more I need to do with my life before I settle down and marry into a relationship that's so stationary.... 
I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and that God has a plan for everyone in every situation. I believe that when God closes a door, He opens a window... and maybe not right away, but He will eventually. I also believe that God works for the good of those who love him, and even though I mess-up drastically all the time... I still believe that I'm forgiven and God really does have my best interest at heart. 

Tonight I was at my Bible study in Guelph (which I LOVE, btw) and we've been going through the book of Revelation. OMG. Throughout all my years of growing up in a Christian home and going to Sunday school, youth group and Bible quizzing, etc... I've never really known a lot about Revelations because it freaked me out to the point of having nightmares. But studying it now makes everything I've learned up until now so much clearer. It's like the missing puzzle piece and without it, the picture just isn't interesting. 

Anyways... it's not just located in one verse of Revelation, but overall what we noticed today is that more than ANYTHING (besides loving God) we as Christians are supposed to spread the Gospel. By not doing that we are deliberately disobeying God, and that is reason enough for God to punish us - Now that might sound a little harsh, strong, or even crazy... but when you read Revelation and piece it together with the other books... it's so true. 

Wow... it's definitely something to think about. 
I'll try and make it more clear tomorrow.... but if you want to try and understand it for yourself... then study it! 

p.s. i love it when it rains at night. 

No comments: