Surprise!

So I know I said I'd try and explain my last though a little clearer... but I've decided that I should stop saying I'll do things when I probably wont. Therefore - if you want me to explain, just comment. Otherwise I'm going to move on to something that doesn't require much thinking. 

Question: Have you ever planned and thrown a surprise party before? Have you ever hand-made invitations and then sent them out? (snail mail... none of this e-mail stuff) Then bought all the supplies, food, checked the guest list, and all while making sure the no one ruined the surprise? 

Well if you have, then you know why I'm so darn tired right now! (And yes, I'm going to bed soon.)
My siblings and I just held a surprise 30th Wedding Anniversary party for my parents and about 50 people showed up! Lets just say it was super busy, and my cheeks hurt from smiling and talking. 
Trying to keep it a secret while making sure my parents didn't come home sooner than planned was a mission. My dad basically had to force my mom to want to stay up north another day before getting home... jeepers. 
But... overall there was success! They were surprised and happy and that's all that counts. :)
Now my mom can stop telling us how disappointed she is that she's never had an anniversary party. 

Goodnight, I'm going to go rest my cheeks.  

No comments: